Durham is a top 3 UK university, 17th in Europe and 83rd in the world. There are 16,000 students and over 5,000 staff. 130 countries are represented in the staff and student bodies.
Durham is known as one of the market leaders in the University Catering and Retail sector due to their forward thinking approach to Catering & Retail Management, combined with their passion for food and attention to detail in service.
A ten month tender process has resulted in a contract award to MCR Systems. The scope of the contract includes;
- Implementation of 31 SymPOS touchscreen terminals and peripherals
- Re use of 18 existing touchscreen terminals
- Multi user licences for Symphony Enterprise to control the day to day EPOS management of promotions, pricing, products and menus combined with real time reporting.
- Multi location full Stock Management with Symphony Stock Manager
- Integrated Chip & Pin using the Verifone Vx820 contactless units
- Integration to the University finance system Oracle Financials
- Integration with the existing e-Commerce system for real time stock updates to the e-Commerce system and sales and product information back from the e-Commerce system.
- Full system Project Management
- Onsite training
- Seven day a week online and onsite Support and Maintenance
The project was installed across the campus with very positive feedback from the University Stakeholders.
"Since the initial project start up meeting, MCR have fulfilled all commitments within the given timeframe. MCR advised and discussed best practise regarding the system structure and hierarchy, which is now intuitive for all users. Training was bespoke to our needs, incorporating specific business processes to maintain service continuity. Implementation was executed without any delay or challenge, with end users fully confident in the system. I look forward to implementing future system developments."
Paul Taylor, Deputy Director of Catering, Durham University
"Rarely, in my experience, do supplier installations go exactly to plan without some changes being necessary to accommodate delays or adjustments to specifications. In this case, though, MCR did exactly what they said they would do at the times they promised to do it. Information required by our network team was faultless and attention to detail in the implementation planning was impressive. I look forward to a lasting relationship between Durham and MCR." Jim Macura, IT Project Manager, Durham University