MCR are proud to have hosted yet another successful User Group conference for the Education sector. With an impressive turnout, we were pleased to share business, product and compliance updates with sector professionals.
The day was opened by Managing Director, Matthew Gatter - who addressed our peers on the progression MCR Systems has made. Witnessing record growth in recent years, we have since been acquired by Jonas Software UK in 2017 - giving the backing of a global organisation. Within the FE/HE sector - since our last user forum we have won over 20 new contracts - demonstrating our recognised excellence in providing software to Universities and Colleges.
Outside of the education sector, we have continued to grow within the contract catering sectors and more - including the welcoming of some high street brands into our client base.
We are continuously working to develop our product capabilities - with our long history of providing till solutions we understand what consumers need. This years’ focus was on two products.
Featured software - Click & Collect
- Pre-Order, Order Now
- Credit/Debit, SymPAY, Collection, Account
- Manage Demand, Production Scheduling
- Desktop, Tablet, Mobile
- Fully Integrated: SymPAY, Stock, SymPOS
- Existing Product Data
- HTML5 Web Portal/App content
Key benefits for your customers
- Beat the queue
- Convenience - order when it suits you
- Improved Customer Service and Information
- Product availability
- Easily Repeat Orders
Key benefits for retailers
- Increased sales - fewer lost orders because of queue length
- Better productivity - reduced payment processing at peak times
- Product placement - right products, right time and right place
- Insight - better understand consumer behaviour and needs
Featured hardware - Self-service Kiosks
Our self-service kiosks deliver convenience, reduce queues and improve the customer purchasing experience. With less need for manned tills - the terminals can be customised to suit your brand and environment. The space saving solution offers retailers flexible installation options. Free standing, pole mounted, or wall mounted - the kiosks are sure to fit around your requirements.
Self-service kiosk specifications
- Free standing or wall mounted
- A typical unit would have
- Kiosk head with 15.6” screen
- Scanner/ card reader / Blanking plate
- Purpose designed kiosk printer
- 2 Optional shelf sizes (narrow shelf + bag hooks or tray shelf)
- Links to kitchen screens/Printer
A new hosting platform
As recently shared, we have been working with our platform provider to offer a more secure solution. With increasing compliance changes and technological advances - MCR Systems aim to stay at the forefront of protection. To find out more about the hosting platform updates - read the full article here>
A notable compliance change which is fast approaching the GDPR deadline. Our Technical director Ben Hancy shared the principles of the regulation, what this means for MCR Systems and our customers, and the professional services we can offer. Read our latest GDPR article>
Customer case studies
We finished the afternoon with case studies and user presentations, the best way to showcase our user satisfaction. Our sincere thanks to all presenters, and we hope to publish detailed entries of the case studies in the future
- George Gee, Loyalty consultant at BaxterStorey
- Ashoak Lakhaney, Regional project manager at BaxterStorey
- Ricky Cohen, Deputy Director of Catering at Durham University
- Nic Mander, Director of catering at University of Birmingham
The full University of Birmingham case study is now available to view, click here to find out more about the EPOS solution we delivered to support the 4th largest University in the UK.
Overall, the day was thoroughly enjoyed by all and sincere thanks to attendees for taking time out of their working week. If you attended the event, any feedback you have is most welcome as well as any questions you may have.
If you are an education provider or retailer and would like to find out more about MCR Systems solutions - request a call back and a member of our team will get in touch