MCR Systems is happy to announce another University contract win - Manchester Metropolitan University. As the largest campus-based undergraduate university in the UK with a total student population of more than 37,000 Manchester Metropolitan University is one of the most extensive education centres in Europe.
Over the last few months MCR have been installing Metro Symphony, the web based EPOS, Cashless and Stock Control system across all campuses. Phase One went live at the Manchester All Saints Hub on 2nd April 2012 and following a successful implementation, the remaining outlets have been installed before the beginning of July 2012, in time for the new academic year in September 2012.
The key objectives for implementing new systems are:
- Provide EPOS devices including chip and PIN, cashless and contactless payment types throughout the Catering outlets. The University will be using a Barclaycard Bursary card (using the 'gift card' loadable magnetic stripe cards) to enable purchases via the till point hardware. 27 SYMPOS Touch screen terminals have been installed with the integrated Vx820 contactless chip and PIN units to be installed shortly
- To introduce revised business processes to improve control of stock and cash
- To introduce real time management reporting to improve sales and profitability
- Provide an integrated system that will be able to interface with SAP
- Centrally hosted, web enabled EPoS, Stock management and real-time reporting software
MCR Systems successfully bid for the UK wide tender demonstrating their experience, knowledge, development capabilities and commitment to its customers and education sector as a whole are unrivalled.
The proof of this in the delivery and on-going support, Jacqui McPeake Head of Catering Facilities comments,
"I am delighted that MMU have chosen MCR Systems as our EPOS provider. I was particularly interested in the Symphony software which provides easy access to real time reports. The information is invaluable to our department as we can now see at a glance how each catering unit is performing, we can see the takings from each till, we can identify our best sellers and understand the optimum sales mix for each unit. The EPOS tills have been successfully installed and the staff have found them very easy to use. The support and training from MCR during the installation period has been excellent"